- This event has passed.
Womens Strength Seminar for Beginners – July 16th
July 16, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm£125.00
Ladies, this one is for you and it promises to be an incredible day of empowerment and education.
Life Changing Fitness will be holding a seminar for women on how to lift weights properly. It will be a day long practical and the first course will be specifically aimed at women who have never lifted weights or who have lifted for less than a year.
We will take you through the full setup of gym equipment to make you confident when stepping into a gym. You will learn how to lift properly FOR YOUR goals, this is not a blanket approach to teaching – everyone will learn how to lift weights for their abilities whatever they are.
This seminar will be fun, relaxed with a huge variety of women on the day – from all abilities and starting points. The absolute novice to intermediate gym goer will learn a HUGE amounts on the day and leave feeling empowered, strong and confident. Just take a look at these amazing testimonials from women who have attended before: –
TIME & DATE
It will be on Saturday 16th July, from 9am to late (4pm ish finish).
It will be hosted in Staines, Surrey. The gym is called White Noise Gym.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- You will need to bring a HR monitor and gym clothes – prepare to get sweaty!
- Trainers/Lifting shoes
- Sports top you feel comfortable in
- Straps if you have them – not essential
- Lifting belt if you have one – not essential
- Your own food and drinks (there will be various breaks throughout the day for lunch and snacks)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Technique & form (Back Squat, DeadLift, Bench Press)
- Glute activation techniques and importance of glute strength
- Progression of lifts – Body weight, box, depth, full range
- Hip flexor and flexibility in general prevents most lifts
- Bar placement – hand and feet
- Bench Press
- Wide grip
- Close grip
- Breathing and core brace
- Genetic differences in form and technique
- Who shouldn’t squat and what to do to replace it
- DeadLift – If you can’t DeadLift with a broom stick, then you shouldn’t DL….yet.
- Abdominal brace – how to set
- Bench press foot placement
- Risk Vs reward
- Equipment to stay clear of
- Asking for help!
- When is the smith machine appropriate
- Compounds vs. Isolation
- Calorie expenditure difference
- Rep range difference
- True failure and sensible failure
- Warming up/down
- Is it needed
- Does cardio offer any benefit as a warm up
- Does doing light rep movements class as a warm up
- Do we need to warm down
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Difference between interval training and HIIT
- HR Zones for HIIT
- How long should proper HIIT last
- What is the reason for it
- Beast them into true HIIT
- Tempo – 1,1,1,1 Explain all movements and counting