- This event has passed.
Womens Deadlift Seminar for Beginners – Sunday 26th November 10-2pm
November 26, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm£49.99
LADIES ONLY- EMPOWERING BEGINNERS PRACTICAL SEMINAR-
Ladies, this one is for you and it promises to be an incredible day of empowerment and education. Life Changing Fitness will be holding a seminar for women on how to lift weights safetly and effectively. It will be a morning of practically learning all the techniques to ensure a safe deadlift movement.
We will take you through the full setup of gym equipment to make you confident when stepping into a gym. You will learn how to lift properly FOR YOUR goals, this is not a blanket approach to teaching – everyone will learn how to lift weights for their abilities whatever they are.
This seminar will be fun andrelaxed with a huge variety of women on the day – from all abilities and starting points. The absolute novice to intermediate gym goer will learn HUGE amounts on the day and leave feeling empowered, strong and confident. Just take a look at these amazing testimonials from women who have attended before: –
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Trainers/Lifting shoes
- Sports top you feel comfortable in
- Straps if you have them – not essential
- Lifting belt if you have one – not essential
- Your own food and drinks (there will be various breaks throughout the day for lunch and snacks)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Technique & form (DeadLift)
- Glute activation techniques and importance of glute strength
- Progression of lifts – Body weight, full range
- Hip flexor and flexibility in general prevents most lifts
- Bar placement – hand and feet
- Breathing and core brace
- Genetic differences in form and technique
- DeadLift – If you can’t DeadLift with a broom stick, then you shouldn’t DL….yet.
- Abdominal brace – how to set
- Risk Vs reward
- Equipment to stay clear of
- Asking for help!
- When is the smith machine appropriate