Here you will find the ingredients you need to create these SuperGreen Breakfast Cakes.
- 1 serving SuperGreens powder
- 50g gluten free oats
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g blueberries (to top the cakes off at the end) *Optional*
Here you will find out how to create these SuperGreen Breakfast Cakes.
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the oats, protein and SuperGreen powder of choice and mix together thoroughly.
3. Add water, a dash at a time until a smooth cake mix consistency is reached.
4. Add in the baking powder and stir in thoroughly.
5. Next pour the mixture into a silicone baking tray (around 4 cakes will be made with this mixture).
6. Place into the oven for around 5 minutes, the cakes will start to rise, pop on some blueberries if you like and return to the oven for a further 8 minutes.
7. Once the cakes have risen fully, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing them from the silicone mould. As this will help to pop them out whole.
8. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
You can add any topping you like, how about almonds and blueberries?
What is so great about this recipe?
This recipe uses SuperGreen Powder. Super Greens can contribute to your daily servings of vegetables in a convenient way. Spirulina, on a weight for weight basis, is probably the most nutritious whole food known to humankind. Like Spirulina, Chlorella is a freshwater micro-alga with a broadly similar nutrient content but it contains more chlorophyll than any other plant. Hence, Clorella is more of a cleansing and detoxifying food. Barley Grass and Wheat Grass are green wholefoods also high in chlorophyll and fibre and contain a range of other important nutrients.
Per Serving (4 cakes)
IGF Pure Protein