So today is Leg workout day! Can’t wait to smash my quads. However, i need to ensure that i’m fully fuelled! On todays menu for my pre workout meal were these ingredients: –
- 200g Sweet Potato
- 140g Salmon Fillet
- 150g mixed very
- Butternut Squash
- Green Beans
I usually like to mix things up a little with me meals. However i usually cook it in a simple microwave bag on full power for 9 mins, and its cooked! Quick and simple – but a little boring day in day out.
Today, I had a little spare time so i mixed up my cooking methods – the same super healthy macro nutrients, just cooked with a twist.
- Slice the potato into thin ‘chip like’ slices
- Place in frying pan – NO OIL!
- Use a little ‘1cal frying’ spray to coat then chips – 3-4 sprays will be plenty
- Cook on full power, tossing regularly, for 10 mins
While that is cooking, weigh and prepare the Salmon and Veg
- Weigh the salmon and place in microwave bag
- Weigh the veg and place into same bag
- Tie the bag and place in the microwave on full power for 7 mins
While that and the chips are cooking, prepare the super healthy ‘Dan Wheeler special’ sauce.
- Take 2 teaspoons of fat free yogurt
- Half a teaspoon of low sugar sweet chilli sauce
- stir together – done!
Once the chips are cooked, sprinkle some Cinammon powder for flavour and serve all on a plate!
Its delicious! Simple and super healthy! Perfect to give you all the energy you need for a hardcore workout.