- This event has passed.
Womens Strength Seminar for Beginners – June 18th
June 18, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm£99.99
Ladies, this one is for you and it promises to be an incredible day of empowerment and education.
Life Changing Fitness will be holding a seminar for women on how to lift weights properly. It will be a day long practical and the first course will be specifically aimed at women who have never lifted weights or who have lifted for less than a year.
We will take you through the full setup of gym equipment to make you confident when stepping into a gym. You will learn how to lift properly FOR YOUR goals, this is not a blanket approach to teaching – everyone will learn how to lift weights for their abilities whatever they are.
This seminar will be fun, relaxed with a huge variety of women on the day – from all abilities and starting points. The absolute novice to intermediate gym goer will learn a HUGE amounts on the day and leave feeling empowered, strong and confident. Just take a look at these amazing testimonials from women who have attended before: –
TIME & DATE
It will be on Saturday 18th June, from 8:30am to late (4pm ish finish).
It will be hosted in Staines upon Thames. The gym is called Fight Science / Fitworx
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED
- Bottled water
- Protein shakes
- Full buffet for lunch
- SnacksProtein barsfruit
- all for free as part of your ticket.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- You will need to bring a HR monitor and gym clothes – prepare to get sweaty!
- Trainers/Lifting shoes
- Sports top you feel comfortable in
- Straps if you have them – not essential
- Lifting belt if you have one – not essential
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Technique & form (Back Squat, DeadLift, Bench Press)
- Glute activation techniques and importance of glute strength
- Progression of lifts – Body weight, box, depth, full range
- Hip flexor and flexibility in general prevents most lifts
- Bar placement – hand and feet
- Bench Press
- Wide grip
- Close grip
- Breathing and core brace
- Genetic differences in form and technique
- Who shouldn’t squat and what to do to replace it
- DeadLift – If you can’t DeadLift with a broom stick, then you shouldn’t DL….yet.
- Abdominal brace – how to set
- Bench press foot placement
- Risk Vs reward
- Equipment to stay clear of
- Asking for help!
- When is the smith machine appropriate
- Compounds vs. Isolation
- Calorie expenditure difference
- Rep range difference
- True failure and sensible failure
- Warming up/down
- Is it needed
- Does cardio offer any benefit as a warm up
- Does doing light rep movements class as a warm up
- Do we need to warm down
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Difference between interval training and HIIT
- HR Zones for HIIT
- How long should proper HIIT last
- What is the reason for it
- Beast them into true HIIT
- Tempo – 1,1,1,1 Explain all movements and counting