- 2 Slices of thick bacon
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 1 sliced salad tomato
- 2 sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 1tsp lazy chillies
1. Pre heat the oven to 175 degrees (fan assisted).
2. Grill the bacon or dry fry in a pan for 5-7 minutes, then set to one side for later.
3. In a small frying pan using a dash of water, fry the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Crack the two eggs into a bowl and add the fried mushrooms, tomatoes and 1tsp lazy chillies, then whisk briskly for 30 seconds.
5. Next line a silicone muffin tray with the grilled bacon, to form a muffin case.
6. Pour in the egg and vegetable mixture, depending on your muffin tray size you may have enough mixture left over for two non cased muffins.
7. Place into the centre of the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the egg has risen and the muffins are firm to the touch.
8. Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve with kale on the side.
This recipe makes for a great breakfast or brunch.
Macro-Nutrient Breakdown (for 4 Bacon and Egg Cups)
275kcal Per Recipe
Macro-Nurtient Breakdown (for 2 Bacon and Egg Cups)
|Ingredient||Pro (g)||Fat (g)||Carb (g)||Kcal|
|Bacon (2 rashers)||9||10||0||126|
|2 Eggs (medium)||12||9||2||126|
|Tomato (salad tomato)||1||0||3||15|
|Mushroom (2 sliced chestnut mushrooms)||1||0||0||8|