WELCOME BACK TO REALITY

wb

Entering February we are well into the new year! How was everyone’s Christmas break? Did we all enjoy taking some time off with loved ones? Possibly ate more then we should have? Perhaps Christmas day became Christmas week and we found ourselves eating gingerbread as our 80% instead of our 20%.

Everyone is entitled to a period of relaxed eating and enjoying foods in greater quantities from time to time. HOWEVER at what point can this become problematic?

We may have noticed over the Christmas period while we relaxed with our nutrition certain lifestyle factors suffered. Possibly you experienced sleep problems due to irregular bed times, skin problems, feeling sluggish, weight gain which can occur when we don’t eat optimally.

So with Christmas being officially over, a lot of us have set ourselves up on the pathway to achieving new goals. This is great!

Adjusting back into reality can be harder then we think. So here are some ideas to get you back into the swing of things…

Focus on bringing balance back into your diet. Look to consume regular meals which provide healthy sources of protein, fats, carbohydrates and fibre to suit your individual requirements.

Look to predominantly consume foods with limited ingredients. This may mean putting tins of biscuits or Christmas chocolates at the back of the cupboard so they are not the first thing to hit you when you’re hungry and looking for something to eat.

Focus on the 80/20 rule. Just because Christmas is over doesn’t mean that you have to completely remove certain foods from your diet. The principle behind the 80/20 rule is simple: Eat nutritious foods 80 percent of the time and allow yourself to indulge a little the other 20 percent of the time. (Note: This rule refers to an individual’s calorie requirements).

WATER, WATER, WATER! Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.

Get back into a normal sleep routine and increase your daily activity. Get moving whether it is walking to work, taking the stairs, whatever you do make sure you get your 10000 steps in during each day.

All this advice may seem boring and no magic formula however it’s better than any juicing or Detox diet on the market. Why?

Once you get your routine back into action and bring in good daily habits you have yourself a sustainable approach to achieving the best you!

Life Changing Fitness are here to help – contact enquiries@danielwheeler.co.uk

BLOG AUTHOR

Hannah Sweetman – Online Nutrition Coach & Elite Coach

ONLINE NUTRITION COACH & ELITE COACH

 

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply